Growing a business can be difficult especially if your enterprise belongs to a very competitive field or industry. With that said, you have to set aside a significant amount of your time and resources to be used for marketing purposes. Fortunately, in this age of the internet, you can reach a lot of potential customers with a very minimal budget. In fact, you can even launch full marketing campaigns without spending a dime because of the availability of free tools and resources online. To help you out, below are some practical business marketing tips that you can follow to jump-start growth for your business.
1) Take your business online. Getting a functional business website or blog these days is not that expensive. You can have a website running with complete features for under $50 a month. It doesn’t matter whether you are selling your products and services online or offline, a website can help a lot in attracting new customers. As you should already know by now, many consumers these days go online to search information about products and services before they purchase them. If you have an optimized website, people will be able to find you online.
2) Be active on social media. Some of the biggest websites today are social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Millions of people from all corners of the world are actively using these sites on a daily basis. Because of the immense popularity if these sites, most businesses these days now using them to promote their products and services. You should do the same. The best part about social media is that they are free to use. You can reach thousands or even millions of potential customers within a short period of time. That’s the kind of power you wield if you learn how to effectively use social media to market your business.
3) Attend trade fairs. Many business owners seem to take this old and traditional marketing method for granted. The biggest advantage of trade fairs is that you get the chance to make connections with other business owners who might be interested in partnering with you. You could enter into ventures wherein you promote the other party’s products and they’ll do the same for you in return. It’s a win-win situation for both parties.
4) Sponsor contests and support relevant causes. This is an old marketing trick but it’s very effective. It’s even more effective if you use it online because of the possibility of your contest going viral. You can generate hundreds of new customers with just a single contest if you do it right.
5) Ramp up the quality of your customer service. Assisting your customers when they have problems and inquiries is very important. At first glance, this doesn’t seem like a marketing technique. But the truth is if you value the needs of your existing customers, they’ll be loyal to you and they’ll even recommend you to people they know.
6) Here are a few examples of startups that are doing well right from the start. Bionairefan.com. Not the manufacturer (Bionaire), but a site aimed at providing reviews and up to date information about Bionaire products. Headstonesforpets.org. Another review site that has only been up and running for a year or so. And finally tracfonepromocode If you look through the site you will really only see four, really well written pages that are really ranking well for a site that does not have any backlinks.
Following these simple business marketing tips can help a lot on growing your business and profits. So take note and implement them whenever you can.
Business of the Month: operation startup